Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Addicted to TED

I just finished watching this TED talk by Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple and Pixar, and it really got my little brain going!  It all really resonated with me right now as I am still making my way through setting my life up the way I want it to be for me, but I'd like to share my favourite bits with you.


"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."

This one phrase totally rang true for me.  I remember coming out of highschool and knowing that I wanted to help heal people, make them feel better somehow.  I was heading towards medical school when I apruptly realized that I really do not like chemistry, physics or math which make up 80% of the undergrad program.  I remember looking into massage therapy and chiropractics briefly, but at the time I think I wanted more glamour and so ignored my draw to this sort of healing.  Hahaha!!  Well, the joke's on me because now I am in training at one of the top massage therapy schools and nothing has felt so right for me in a very long time.


"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"

To me this is all about having the courage to live your passion and purpose.  We all have those things that we don't really like doing but are a necessity for our life, that's not what I'm talking about.  This is about finding those things that light you up, that you could do forever and not get sick of, that you love and creating a life from those things.  For me, I have spent the last couple of months figuring out what some of those things are for me.  I'm finding that everyday my purpose is getting more and more clear, and everyday I am getting closer and closer to being able to live it!  Right now most aspects of my life actually revolve around my purpose and I'm finding that those things that don't are changing without my having to do anything about it.  It's pretty amazing!  It's like the universe is rearranging my life to be the way I want, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment