Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today

Oh, man.  Today I had a day like my friend over at Daring to be Different had on Friday.

I woke up dancing and was in such a good mood the whole way to school.  Then, before the first break of the morning my brain started to hit critical overload.  This may seem early, so I should explain that my class today was MusculoSkeletal Anatomy & Kinesiology (lovingly called MSAK) and basically it's 8 hours of intense human biology.  Even though I love that sort of thing, 8 hours of it is a lot!  By the end of the day I could hardly think enough to pick up a bottle of wine at the liquor store to take home and enjoy with some dark chocolate and yoga.  On top of this, I have my first real test tomorrow, in my other theory course, and I can't seem to focus my brain long enough to retain anything I'm reading.

To tell you the truth, I'm really distracted by something my cousin reminded me of over dinner last night.  Friday was the one year marker of our Grampa's death.  I didn't even notice.  How awful is that?  I mean, sure I've had a tough year and all, but for that to not even register... Wow.  I'm not even sure what to do with that.  So, I'm feeling a bit shocked and sensitive today, and very easily shaken.  I know that I loved him and that he knew it, and that's all that really matters I suppose.  Maybe it's just that with the craziness of my year I haven't really had time to process that he's gone.  And I miss him.  I don't have any Grampa's anymore and one of my Gramma's is getting worse everyday, the other is just getting more... eccentric?

I know my family is important to me and I think this is just showing me how much I take them for granted.  If they are really that important to me is just knowing they're there enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment