Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Beginnings

I love January!  Somehow in the middle of winter and all this greyness it manages to make life feel a little bit fresh and new for a while.  Or maybe it's just this year and maybe it's just me!

Most people I have talked to have agreed that 2010 was a tough year!  It was hard just to get through and a lot of the time I felt like just getting through was the best I could hope for.  There were high points of course, but there was also a lot of low points that seemed to take forever to get through.  For me, it seemed as though the first half of the year was about realizing just how bad life was, and the second half was about getting set up to change all that.  And that meant undoing some things I had done and that I thought would never be undone.  And the whole time, struggling to just get through it.

But now it's 2011 and I feel free from all the chaos and emotion of last year!  Which is good, because I really don't have time for it anyways.

My January started with a bang last night, sitting in the first class of my Spa Practitioner Program.  It's overwhelming to think of everything I have to learnin the next eight short months, but I have faith in the program and am crazy-excited for the future it will bring me!  I'm not so crazy about working full-time and doing school full-time.  I did this before when I was finishing my degree at UVic and it was pretty insane, however I think I'm better set up for success this time around and knowing that this is the right path for me right now will help propell me through.  And if nothing else, it's only eight months out of my life.  I've wasted that much of my life before on less worthy pursuits.

So, here's to 2011!!  And starting over, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment