Monday, January 3, 2011

Patience

No one ever said I was a patient person, but it seems that the world won't stop trying to teach me.  I suppose this is a good thing, I've heard that patience is a virtue, but my God waiting is irritating!!

*sigh*

OK, so I am trying to learn to let life happen at it's own pace, you know, go with the flow.  Sometimes this is easier than others.  I wish I was one of those easy-going people that just did this naturally but I'm just not and never have been so I find myself facing a bit of a learning curve.  What it comes down to is that I don't know how to wait patiently.  I feel like I should be doing something to work towards what I want and if I'm not then I'll never get it.

I want what I want.  And I want it now.  What's the problem with that?

I think the problem is that sometimes I can want something and not be ready to have it.  Perhaps patience is really just a way to let my heart and mind get in line with what I want.  Maybe I'm not waiting for the world to catch up to my desires but I'm waiting for me to catch up to what I think I want.  And that is probably a good thing.

I mean, imagine having a baby the day you found out you were pregnant.  That's just crazy, you totally wouldn't be ready to be a parent.  Parent's need the nine months to prepare themselves for the coming bundle of joy as much as the child needs it to grow into a fully formed healthy baby.

I think it takes time to reconcile yourself, your heart and mind and spirit, with what is happening in your world.  And you have to be patient with yourself to let this happen.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I couldn't agree more. And I love your baby analogy. It "fits" for me. ~BB

    ReplyDelete