Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Pros & Cons of Being Single

Alright, there are times when being single is awesome and I am so glad to not have to deal with another person's shit because, quite frankly, sometimes mine is more than enough. And then there are other times when, well, when it just sucks. I'm sure there's a more eloquent way to put it, but I'm in a no-bullshit sort of mood, so let's just cut to the chase and say that it sucks because sometimes it does. You know what I mean, we've all been here. 


But, as always, it's a double edged sword, two sides of the same coin, however you want to say it. My mom, in her infinite wisdom,  would say that you can't have your cake and eat it too. And while I don't really agree with that statement I do understand what she's getting at, you can't always have it both ways.



And the thing is, I get it. I can't expect to come home from a long day at work and be quiet and not interact with anyone else until I'm good and ready to, and also have someone to cuddle into bed with. That's just being rude to the other person and no one wants that! There's this whole compromise thing, and well let's face it, sometimes that sucks, too.

When you are single you get the freedom to be as selfish as you want because there is no one else to think about but you. When you're in a relationship you have to think about how your actions will affect the other person. And then there's the balancing act of taking into consideration your happiness as well as your partner's. *Sigh* It's no wonder we all seem to have a hard time with this relationship-thing!


Also, on a side note, as I was looking for an image of a double-edged sword to make this post more visually stimulating for you, I got totally distracted by this hilarious rant! Here's the link, check it out because I think you will all enjoy it:

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment