Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blogging from the Bathtub - Don't you Love Technology?


This is a celebratory bubble bath.  As I am soaking in amazingly fragrant hot water I am filling with joy and absorbing into every pore the best mood I've ever been in.  Ahhhh.... Bliss....


And when I Googled "bliss" this is the image I got.  It could possibly be an interpretation of how I'm feeling right now; I'd have to think really hard to figure it out but I'm sure it could be, somehow.  Mostly I just think it's amazing and I wanted to share it.


I am celebrating after the skills interview I had this afternoon with THE spa that I want to work at.  This was my first call for an interview in the spa industry and it was with my number one spa; I don't believe in baby stepping certain things.  Oh, yeah, and I rocked it! Blew the interviewer out of the water with my mad skills at leaving people totally relaxed. So, I'm celebrating.

I should say, I hadn't planned on celebrating solo.  I was hoping to share this great day and even better mood with a friend that I am enthusiastic about becoming something more.  But alas, when the time came, he wasn't around. I admit, I was pretty sad about that, but not sad enough to let it stop me from grinning from ear to ear and enjoying my night.  

But, you know, in a way I'm really glad that I am celebrating alone tonight.  Because I did this, by myself.  I made this happen in my life.  There is no one who can share the credit for this success.  This one is MINE.  And I'm gonna take it.  

It was my decision to go back to school to become a spa professional and I made it work through all the long months of juggling work & school & a social life, of no days off and of serious sleep deprivation.  I pushed my self to the very end and when I graduated, diploma in hand, I had this same happiness that I had done it on my own.  And that I had done it for myself, for my own idea of what I want my life to be.  I am so incredibly lucky that I had a ton of support from my family, but for once it wasn't a fear of disappointing them that kept me going as it had been when I finished high school and university.  This is about me, it's about my life and what I want to be when I grow up.

It seems like it's taken me a long time, but I finally know what path my life is taking and I'm not afraid to walk it.  Alone or otherwise.  Ahhhh.... Bliss....

No comments:

Post a Comment