Saturday, January 1, 2011

Year End Introspection

As this crazy year comes to a close I can't help but spend some time looking back at all the twists and turns along the way, being couch-bound with a cold the past few days has helped with this!  I love this time of year, not because of the freezing cold weather, but because it's a time to tie up loose ends of the past and start living the dreams of the future.

I was working on this post and it was going to be all about looking back and moving forward.  But while I do think that a certain amount of introspection is good, too much can be detrimental.  And frankly, I just don't want to do it anymore.  I have already gone through everything that happened this past year so many times, I just don't want to do it again.

So, I'm calling the last year complete.  It is getting filed away and I'm sure I'll pull pieces of it out to look at from time to time, but what's done is done, and I'm done with it.

This new year is what I have now, and I have never been more excited.  My life has changed and I'm changing with it.  I'm not worried about what will happen or who I will become by this time next year.  For once I feel grounded and secure in knowing more about who I am and what I want, and I don't feel like I ever have to be anything other than that.

2011, watch out!  This is going to be an awesome year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment